The Community Organizers Genealogy Project (COGP) was created by Center for Community Change and initially funded by the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation. The COGP was established to:
- Trace the development of community organizers over time through their trainers, mentors and those people they have trained or mentored.
- Gather the stories of experienced community organizers to glean wisdom and a historical view of community organizing and individual organizers..
Visit the Genealogy Project’s full site here: http://www.organizergenealogy.org/
The Community Organizing Genealogy Project is a living document that will help us all understand community organizing and give us guidance as we move into the future. At the COGP organizers can:
- Document their own experiences.
- Share their own stories.
- View the profiles of other organizers.
- Watch interviews of Community Organizers.
- Explore the resources of the COGP.
- Add links to organizing resources.