Administrative Coordinator- Temporary PositionLocation: Washington, D.C
Date: June 22, 2012
About the Center for Community Change
The Center for Community Change is a national social justice non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1968 to honor the life and values of Robert F. Kennedy, our mission is to build the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to have a significant impact in improving their communities and the policies and institutions that affect their lives.
The Center for Community Change is committed to help build powerful and dynamic movements in diverse communities across America that will be the impetus for creating a society in which everyone has enough to thrive and achieve their full potential. Inspired by a belief in the dignity of all people, the Center has been instrumental in the fight for comprehensive and fair immigration reform, a push for a bold jobs agenda, and protecting essential retirement security programs. The Center played a major role in recent positive changes to immigration laws that will keep thousands of immigrant families together. Our Housing Trust Fund Project has helped bring affordable housing to millions of people.
The Center for Community Change is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide general support to staff. Duties include general clerical and project- based work. This position is temporary.
- Provide general clerical support to include but not limited to: setting up conference calls, making travel arrangements, photocopying, faxing and mailing.
- Maintains calendar, manages e-mail traffic, and makes travel arrangements for electoral senior staff.
- Coordinates compliance by electoral staff of all administrative procedures, such as leave requests, corporate card statements, timesheets, reimbursement requests and monthly reports.
- Interfaces with partner groups and vendors to generate contracts, manage grant agreements and secure financial reports.
- Assists with special events; Center-related partner convenings and/or issue campaigns.
- Assists with monitoring of program budgets and budget reports.
- Maintain professional relationship with staff and be efficient in representing the needs of the electoral programs.
- Maintain professional relationship with Finance, Field and Operations staff in order to be efficient in representing the needs of the electoral programs.
- Track paperwork submitted by electoral staff to finance office and ensure timely response.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office
- Take and distribute minutes of electoral staff meetings.
- Set up and coordinate electoral meetings and conferences.
- Generate or assist with the drafting of general communication pieces such as memos, emails, contracts, etc.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills; a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work accurately under pressure of a fast-paced work environment and meet deadlines.
- Highly detail-oriented with meticulous approach to follow through, including systems for tracking follow up.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment and to interact with diverse staff at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent calendar management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English preferred
This position reports to: Electoral Program Manager
Salary and Benefits: CCC offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Temporary employees receive all leagally-mandated benefits.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please submit resume, a cover letter that includes salary expectations and at least two writing samples to: